What to do in Case of a Pet Emergency
Get medical attention for your pet quickly
Our emergency services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, including holidays. No appointment is needed if your pet is having a medical emergency. Proceed directly to any of our three locations Chandler, North Valley, or Mesa. Please call us if you can so we can prepare for your arrival.
How do I know if it is time to bring my pet in?
If your pet is showing any potentially life-threatening problems you need to get them to a vet right away. Click here for signs of a Pet Emergency.
Give us a call
- You can call anytime, day or night, if you are unsure if your pet’s situation is an emergency.
- It is much better to be safe and ask instead of worrying and risking serious complications.
North Valley 623.849.0700
Having a plan before the emergency happens is the best way to deal with a pet emergency.
Know where to go and who to call in case of a pet emergency. Keep this information close to your phone, on the fridge, or with other easily-accessible emergency information. This is important when you are at home and when you are traveling traveling with pets.
- Keep your complementary 1st Pet refrigerator magnet in a place where you have easy access during a pet emergency. Don’t have one? Send us an email to email@example.com and request a one.
- Use the AAHA-Acredited Hospital Locator to find emergency facilities near your travel destinations.
- Keep the Animal Poison Control Center number in an accessible place: (888) 426–4435
1st Pet is The One to Call – 24/7
1stPet Veterinary Centers is one of the few veterinary hospitals in the region with a board-certified emergency and critical care specialist, Alisa Reniker, DVM, DACVECC, as the Medical Director and highly experienced emergency veterinarians and technicians on staff. That means your pet will always receive the very best and most advanced emergency care available. Additionally, we have been accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), which ensures that each hospital has met or exceeded the strict requirements that measure medical excellence.