Pet Health Care


Poison Control

Pets are curious, and sometimes they get into things they shouldn’t. If you think your pet has ingested or otherwise been exposed to a poisonous substance, or if your pet is exhibiting any of the following symptoms:

• vomiting
• trouble breathing
• difficulties standing or walking
• seizures
• loss of consciousness

If there is any packaging left to what you think your pet ingested, please bring it along with your pet so we have a better idea of the best course of treatment.

If you aren’t sure your pet has ingested a poisonous substance (and your pet is acting normally), or don’t know whether the substance is harmful, the following resources are available to you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year:

ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (888) 426–4435 or APCC is staffed by board–certified veterinary toxicologists and professionals specially trained in veterinary toxicology. A $65 consultation fee may be charged.
Human Poison Control (800) 222-1222 or


IMG_6452 Jazz2